- 1 cup Panko
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 pound asparagus, trimmed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F. Lightly oil a baking sheet or coat with nonstick spray.
- In a large bowl, combine Panko and Parmesan; season with salt and pepper, to taste. Set aside.
- Working in batches, dredge asparagus in flour, dip into eggs, then dredge in Panko mixture, pressing to coat.
- Place asparagus in a single layer onto the prepared baking sheet. Place into oven and bake for 10-12 minutes, or until golden brown and crisp.
- Serve immediately.
from Bon Appetit.
- 10 garlic cloves, peeled, centre germ removed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 6 tablespoons water
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cups light, fruity olive oil
- mash garlic and salt in mortar with pestle until paste forms.
- Whisk egg yolks, 6 tablespoons of water, lemon juice and mustard in a medium metal bowl.
- Set bowl over saucepan of barely simmering water (do not allow bottom of bowl to touch water) and whisk constantly until mixture thickens and instant-read thermometer inserted into mixture registers 140F for 3 minutes. About 10 mins total.
- Remove bowl from over water. Cool mixture to room temperature, whisking occasionally, about 15 minutes.
- Gradually whisk oil into yolk mixture in a very thin slow stream; continue whisking until aioli is thick.
- Season to taste.
- Can be prepared 2 days ahead, cover and refrigerate.