Another tried and true favourite from Sue-Ann's collection of recipe clippings! This vegetarian-friendly burger recipe is hearty enough for even the meatiest of meat eaters!
1. Rinse quinoa then add to a pot with 1 1/2 cups water. Bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer, covered, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Drain if needed then transfer to a large bowl to cool.
2. Combine mushrooms with carrots, onion and garlic in a food processor or mini chop. Pulse until finely chopped.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add chili oil, then vegetable mixture. Cook for 5 minutes, or until vegetables are tender.
4. Stir into quinoa with ½ cup feta, egg, rice flour and salt. Season with pepper.
5. Refrigerate for 30 minutes or until chilled though.
6. Heat a skillet over medium heat. Add vegetable oil. Working in batches, spoon ½ cup portions of quinoa mixture into pan and shape into a patty. Cook for 3 minutes per side, or until golden and heated though. Repeat with remaining mixture.
7. Place burgers on toasted buns. Top with remaining feta and black olives.
Recipe by Kristen Eppich, via the Food Network.
Note: I like to chop the olives quite small for this tapenade. If you really wish, you can puree this recipe.